Sunday, November 18, 2012

Recommendations Page

I always believe it's nice to keep a page full of links to various other artists' work. Not just that, but these people inspire me with their own creative work. 

Awkward Zombie
Video game-related comics, mostly Nintendo. One of my personal favorites and longest followed. Well drawn, hilarious, and ALWAYS updates weekly.

The Oatmeal
Hilarious guy and has even released a couple books. He also successfully led a charity of over $200,000 towards the American Cancer Society and National Wildlife Federation in response to being sued by a website that stole his work without giving him credit. AND led a crowd-funding campaign to raise 1 million dollars to build a Nikola Tesla museum!

Hyperbole and a Half
Crappy drawings + freakishly good writing = Simply amazing!

Help support her by buying her new book right here!

Kinokofry
Beautiful artwork! Her watercolor and sense of imagination make me cry in shame of my own. Sometimes NSFW.

Nuzlocke
This one is mainly for the Pokemon fans. If you've heard of a Pokemon Nuzlocke craze across the web, this was the guy who started it all and sadly gets way too uncredited for it. He started off with stick figure art, but he improved immensely over time. 
He also started two new comics, drawn by two different artists

Gunshow
The most absurd comic I've followed for a while now, but equally as funny. The guy who made The Anime Club comics and Graveyard Quest. Also responsible for a lot of memes across the web; you know what they are.Very NSFW at times- but that's what makes it so great.

Penny Arcade
Leaving this one out would leave a pox on me.

Axe Cop
"One day at the scene of a fire, the cop found the perfect fireman axe. That was the day he became Axe Cop." Need I explain more? ...Probably. They're stories fabricated by a little kid but, drawn and published by a professional artist. What else can I say, it's awesome!

MS Paint Adventures
The creator working on this has the most amazing and persistent work ethic. I'm a fan of the comics, but not really so much the fandom itself. Nevertheless, the fandom is unavoidable on the internet and at conventions, but I'm not going to be that guy who "tells you about Homestuck." Find out if you like it yourself and if you don't, that's fine; it really isn't for everyone. Over 6000 8000 pages long, currently on hiatus, and almost done.

Dinosaur Comics
Made by Ryan North. Do I need to say more? Really?

The Bouletcorp
Absolutely one of my favorite visual storytellers out there. His comics are hilarious, well told, expertly drawn, easy to relate to, often experimental, and damn creative! I'm so envious of his watercolor abilities. Sometimes NSFW. Seriously, go look at his work now!

No comments:

Post a Comment