Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Flash Animation #1 - Game Grumps Animated: Strangers in Caves


I made this video a little while ago, and after thinking for some time I finally convinced myself to  include it on my website.

A little bit of context in case you don't know about this sort of thing (if you know what Let's Plays are already, feel free to skip to the next paragraph). Across Youtube, people would make channels dedicated to playing video games, recording the footage, and their commentary while playing ("Let's Plays"). Fans of these channels sometimes make animated videos based on snippets of commentary for more humorous effect.

I decided to join the bandwagon, solely because I wanted to challenge myself with trying out a new medium and because it seemed like a lot of fun. This was my first ever usage of Adobe Flash Animation and I had no previous knowledge of animation beforehand, aside from the storyboarding experience I've had from classes before. It took about 2 months to finish, but I got it done.

Overall, it was a fun experience and I'm pretty happy with the result, but the process really is time consuming compared to the work I usually do. I might do another one sometime in the future, maybe even in color, but that will come at a much less hectic time.

No comments:

Post a Comment